The Mathematics Olympiad objectives:
- to promote abilities for creativity in Mathematics;
- to develop students’ spatial perception and intuition, their mathematical culture ;
- to support treatment of mathematics as a part of universal culture;
- to contribute to students’ intellectual development;
- to promote the traits of character vital for life in today’s society, such as: vividness and accuracy of mind, critical thinking, intuition, logical thinking, elements of algorithmic culture, spatial perception, and an ability to overcome difficulties.