The Informatics Olympiad objectives are:
- to acquire skills of processing different types of data via the computer and other facilities of information and communication technologies, to organize one’s own information activity and predict its results;
- to develop responsible attitude to information regarding legal and ethic sides of data distribution, and to promote selective attitude to the received data;
- to develop the fundamental knowledge of information, informational processes, systems, techniques, and simulators;
- to reveal the students’ level of creativity and initiative in the application of information and communication technologies;
- to build an ability and readiness to apply information technologies in practical use in the modern world.