The History Olympiad objectives:
- to develop students’ cognitive interests, intellectual and creative abilities in historical sciences;
- to promote patriotism and respect for our native history and traditions, human rights and liberties;
- to develop the ability to apply the acquired knowledge and views on historically formed systems of social standards and values in everyday life in order to participate in cultural interaction;
- to facilitate the acquisition of methods of historical research and the ability to handle different sources of historical knowledge;
- to contribute to the formation of value orientations in learning historically formed cultural, religious, and ethnic and national traditions.